Muffy has worked as a trauma-informed therapist with children, adolescents and adults for 14 years. She has a passion for working with survivors of trauma and loss. She believes that everyone should have a safe place and a safe person with whom to share their story. Muffy offers a welcoming and relaxed environment of hope for those that struggle with anxiety and depression or difficulties related to school, work, or relationships. She also feels a great connection in working with people who are battling, or have survived a life-threatening illness, as she is a survivor herself. Muffy helps her clients focus on their strengths and be empowered by a survivor mentality. She is a firm believer that positive changes come from supportive interactions with others, reworking negative thoughts patterns, learning new ways to cope, and having an optimistic attitude. Muffy looks forward to supporting adolescents and adults on their journey as they process their painful experiences and learn effective ways to cope.
• Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Informed Therapist, 2006)
• Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Community/Clinical Track (May, 2002)
• Master of Arts in Counseling and Human Development, Mental Health Specialty (December, 2005)
• Graduated with honors (Masters Degree); Chi Sigma Iota, Alpha Mu Chapter (December, 2005)
• Undergraduate Internship at Pathway Caring for Children (January 2002 – April 2002)
• Masters Internship at Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health (January 2005 – December 2005)
• Professional Counselor at Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health (May 2006 – October 2009)
• Professional Clinical Counselor at Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health (November 2009 – April 2017)
• Masters Internship Coordinator at Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health (May 2015 – April 2017)
• Clinical Therapist Supervisor at Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health (May 2015 – April 2017)
• School-based therapy at Louisville Middle School (2013-2016)
• School-based therapy at Louisville High School (2013-2016)
• Collaborated with various community staff at Stark County Family Court
• Akron Children’s Hospital, Stark County Dept. of Job and Family Services and the Stark County Children’s Network Advocacy Center. Provided services for foster children in Stark, Summit and Cuyahoga County.
4KidHelp and Adults welcomes new patients!
To become a new patient, please fill out our New Patient form.
You can fill out and submit the web form by clicking/tapping the New Patient Form button below.