Muffy is excited to be at 4kidhelp after working about 12 years in a Community Mental Health agency, with school based experience, with children, adolescents, and their families. Over the last several years at 4kidhelp Muffy has been working with college aged and adult clients too. Muffy is experienced working with trauma and loss, depression, anxiety, among other emotional and behavioral concerns. Muffy is also very interested in working with cancer survivors and those currently battling cancer. Muffy believes that everyone should have a safe place, and safe person to share their story with. Muffy is a firm believer that positive interactions, changing negative thought patterns, improving coping strategies) and having an optimistic attitude will equal positive changes. Muffy tends to focus on changing the victim mentality to a survivor mentality. Being a survivor herself, Muffy wants to provide a safe, relaxing, and supportive environment that focuses on use of client strengths and resiliency skills, validation, empowerment, and encouragement. Muffy believes in an “I Can” attitude. Muffy is very happy to serve youth, young adults, and adult population.
• Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Informed Therapist, 2006)
• Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Community/Clinical Track (May, 2002)
• Master of Arts in Counseling and Human Development, Mental Health Specialty (December, 2005)
• Graduated with honors (Masters Degree); Chi Sigma Iota, Alpha Mu Chapter (December, 2005)
• Undergraduate Internship at Pathway Caring for Children (January 2002 – April 2002)
• Masters Internship at Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health (January 2005 – December 2005)
• Professional Counselor at Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health (May 2006 – October 2009)
• Professional Clinical Counselor at Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health (November 2009 – April 2017)
• Masters Internship Coordinator at Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health (May 2015 – April 2017)
• Clinical Therapist Supervisor at Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health (May 2015 – April 2017)
• School-based therapy at Louisville Middle School (2013-2016)
• School-based therapy at Louisville High School (2013-2016)
• Collaborated with various community staff at Stark County Family Court
• Akron Children’s Hospital, Stark County Dept. of Job and Family Services and the Stark County Children’s Network Advocacy Center. Provided services for foster children in Stark, Summit and Cuyahoga County.